Your privacy is important to us. AeRO is committed to protecting your privacy, managing your personal information in a secure environment and using your information for AeRO-related business purposes only.
AeRO is committed to complying with applicable privacy laws [including the Privacy Act 1998 (Cth) (“the Act”) and the Australian Privacy Principals (APPs)] which set clear standards in relation to our collection, storage, use and disclosure of any personal information we obtain as part of our business operations.
AeRO recognises the importance of privacy and our respect for our customers’ and other individuals’ right to privacy of their personal information is paramount. Any personal information that you provide to us will be held in the strictest confidence and in accordance with the APPs and the requirements of the Act.
This Policy sets out our approach to gathering personal information, and our approach to the use and dissemination of such information. We undertake to treat all customer and other personal information in our possession in accordance with the requirements of the Act.
By “personal information”, we mean information or an opinion about an identified individual, or corporate client, or about an individual, or corporate client, who is reasonably identifiable from the information.
1. USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We only collect information about you that we need to process in the provision to you of our services, for purposes necessary or incidental to providing you with services we have agreed to provide you, the identification of relevant services, Metadata and operating data, to offer new products and services, and to satisfy legal requirements.
Metadata means the data providing information about one or more aspects of the data collected, such as the:
- means of creation of the data;
- purpose of the data;
- time and date of creation of the data;
- creator or author of the data;
- location on a computer network where the data was created; and
- standard used.
We may also use this information for purposes such as direct marketing, correspondence, site registration, collection of customer operating and performance data, assessing productivity and or to participate in online surveys, benchmarks, competitive assessments, or similar purposes.
2. WHAT KIND OF INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
The type of information we collect generally includes your name, address, telephone numbers, other contact details and details concerning the provision of our services, agreements with Intersect members, products, service requirements and performance, metadata collected as part of the provision of services to you and related information.
When you use our services we automatically collect and store certain information in digital logs. This can include:
- details of how you used our service, such as your query search terms.
- World wide web Universal Resource Locations and cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your account with us.
- Internet Protocol addresses, ports and transaction IDs.
- device event information such as error messages, memory core dumps, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referring URL.
A number of our services allow you to share information with other parties. You should be aware that if you share information with other parties it may be indexable by search engines.
3. HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
We collect personal information directly from you, such as when you enter an agreement with us, make an enquiry or otherwise use our web sites or other products as part of the provision of services. We prefer to obtain any personal information we collect directly from you. In some cases, however it may be unreasonable or impractical to obtain personal information directly, and we may obtain information from someone else. If you are concerned about what personal information we may hold about you, please see below for information on how you can access and (if necessary) correct that information.
4. ACCESS TO PERSONAL INFORMATION
Should you request it, we will provide you with access to any information we have collected from you. We will also update your information if you let us know that it is inaccurate or non-current. You can contact us to access or discuss this information by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Should you have any complaints about our treatment of your personal information, please emaikl email@example.com. We treat every complaint about a breach of privacy legislation or any relevant registered code seriously, and will investigate any breach of which we become aware – including how it occurred and how best to prevent such a breach occurring again.
6. OPTING OUT
On occasions, AeRO uses an individual’s personal information for our own direct marketing purposes. Should you receive such material and do not want to receive it in the future, we will provide you with a simple “Unsubscribe” (Opt out) method in the direct marketing material.
7. DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION TO OTHER PARTIES
Generally, all agreements, orders etc will be placed between you and Intersect. Information that you provide to AeRO will be held according to this policy.
We will share personal information with companies, organisations or individuals outside of Intersect if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- enforce applicable Terms including investigation of potential violations.
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Intersect, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
8. CONTACTING US ABOUT PRIVACY ISSUES
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for any privacy issues, including in relation to:
- How we are dealing with your personal information; or
- How it is being held.