AeRO Scholarship Fund
AeRO is delighted to announce its scholarship fund will start in 2019.
The fund aims to:
- Help alleviate the travel & accommodation costs for individuals
- Help with other costs associated with attending such as a support worker or child care
This will ensure a diversity of backgrounds and perspectives are represented at eligible events.
Travel and accommodation costs can also be a significant inhibitor in attending AeRO and related conferences for participants including:
- Students and postdoc researchers
- Early career professionals
- Individuals based in rural and remote Australia
- Individuals based outside Australia
- Individuals with disabilities
What events are eligible?
- AeRO conferences and events:
- Other eResearch activities with AeRO approval (on application by the organiser)
The financial assistance requested should be limited to what you require but may cover up to:
- Accommodation & Breakfast for event duration at a nearby hotel. Effort should be made to select a low cost option without compromising safety.
- Travel Allowance (flights and transfers). Return economy airfares from the recipients nearest major airport, plus airport transfer costs to and from the accommodation provided.
- Full conference registration at the appropriate early rate. I.e. discounted registration.
- Costs relating to child care and/or support workers on the days you are attending
- The applicant must be (minimum one):
- enrolled full time in tertiary education
- Postdoctoral researcher
- employed in education or research
- working in a field closely associated with research support
- Applicants must be residents of Australia or New Zealand.
- Attendance at the event should be relevant to the applicant’s current study or employment
- The applicant must not be an office bearer of AeRO
- This scholarship is open to employees of both AeRO members and non-members
Application process and selection criteria
We are currently finalising the application process and selection criteria. More details will be released shortly.