AeRO – Australasian eResearch Organisations – is a collaborative organisation of national and state-based research organisations to advance eResearch implementation and innovation in Australasia.
We support partner organisations to enhance and accelerate Australasia’s lead in the global eResearch space by implementing strategic initiatives that benefit the broader eResearch community.
The objectives of AeRO are to:
- Operate a national association of eResearch organisations
- Accelerate the development and adoption of eResearch practices, capabilities and standards in Australasia
- Stimulate and enhance collaboration between and amongst researchers, research institutions and eResearch service providers nationally and internationally
- Develop strategies for and coordinate and facilitate improved delivery and support of eResearch services and platforms
- Advocate the advancement and adoption of eResearch to researchers, research institutions, government and other organisations
We seek to work across 6 core pillars – advocacy, leadership, collaboration, solutions, service maturity, skills and communication. Additional information can be found in the AeRO pillars overview.